Monday, September 8, 2008

Yes I CAN!

Oh the second go-round was so much more fun! It was about 11:00 pm. I stress that because the kids were in BED! Love it! and I knew I had to finish my marmalade before it started to go rotten. I don't know what I was thinking when I ended up starting my marmalade with out my pears. Anyway, long story short, It took me a few days to get it bottled. So on Sat night after Bill kicked my bum in Rumikub twice, I told him I had better bottle my stuff. So there we were at midnight, he turning over the boiling hot bottles for me to fill them and then he would put the lids on and secure them with rings that we robbed from the freezer jam. It was great fun and some good bonding time. We made a great team and it was so satisfying to see the 14 bottles of Orange Marmalade sitting there on the counter, Bill thought so too. I'm sure that I will have ample opportunity to teach my children how to can, but while they are so young , I so much prefer canning like this!

0 comments: