Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Can" I really do this?

Oh my heck! My legs (esp. one) hurts, my back and hips hurt and I just don't know what I was thinking going grocery shopping and canning salsa and marmalade in one afternoon. It's only 9:55 pm, and it feels like about 12:55 (am that is). I've got mascara stained eyes from dicing onions (even with a food processor)and burnt jalepeno hands and anywhere else I've touched ...But hey I got some food storage out of my garden so I am pleased! It brings me back to the good ol' days canning with my mom. Funny though, my kids were no help unless you count Britton spilling monopoly money all over and Emma pulling out wipes...amongst other things and throwing them into the toilet. Maegan was somewhat helpful with making hotdogs for the kids but then she informed me that she was bored and didn't want to help anymore. Oh the joys of home canning!

2 comments:

Shalantie said...

Just wait til they get older, then they'll have to help can. What did you can exactly? sounds like salsa or something yummy like that. Well i'm off to the library to get that book you suggested.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

You know what you need--a pedicure. It is a cure for more than just your feet! I tell you--they are WONDERFUL!!