Monday, September 8, 2008

Our Christmas present!

Yeah, so I have been known to eat my words before, and this time I ate a mouthful! Most of you already know this but for those of you who don't, We kept it pretty quiet for some time...See you have to go back about 6 months ago when we had our dog "Jacks". I sincerely didn't know how much work a dog would be and I joked saying, "Hey, If I wanted another kid right now I would be pregnant" Well, little did we know that we were. We didn't find out until about 2 months later. Still trying to get over the initial shock we still hadn't announced our joy for quite a while. But we are all very excited to welcome our new baby (girl) due on (Christmas Day). I put girl in parentheses because I could have sworn that we were having a boy. I still need to see to be convinced. I put Christmas Day in parentheses because if you know me, this baby will probably come about 2 weeks early. I don't know, she could surprise us and go full term like Britton but I doubt it. This pregnancy has been no cake walk that's for sure! Even though I didn't know that I was pregnant for the first 2 months, I had an uncontrollable itch that about drove me mad. It did drive me to tears a few times. Thankfully, through the grace of God it subsided and it doesn't bother me anymore. My varicose veins are something to behold! You know it's bad when little kids come up to you and tell you that you have dirt on your feet or ask you why your feet are purple. (Warning! graphic image) Even worse than that are the 5 or so blood clots that I have developed in the past few months and I just discovered a new one yesterday. They sting to the touch and are pretty dang painful. I have been really blessed though that they are superficial and not in the veins that can move to your lungs or heart and kill you in a matter of hours or days. I also have been blessed not to have any morning sickness-although I have been on Unisom for the past 4 months and tried to get off of it the other day and discovered that was a bad idea. There's no way I can be sick and be a mom to 4 other kids. There is just not enough time in the day, or money in the world to eat out every night if I were sick. So I'm just groggy in the morning and next month I will try and get off the medication again. Anyway, I could go on but I won't bore anyone with anymore details, as long as our baby is healthy and happy so are we. We all feel very blessed and are excited to have another little one in our home.

8 comments:

LisaJ said...

Congrats on the new baby!! I am so excited for you! I'm sorry, I should have warned you not to joke about things like that (that's how I got twins!!) :P Good luck, you are amazing!

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Ouch! That is awful! It looks likes one of those dramatic pictures you might see on an email forward titled something like "Thinking about getting pregnant?" or "Side Effects of Pregnancy"

Well...we have to catch up -soon! Maybe I will call you. I have been wondering how things are going for you- cause something unpredictable happened to us...and we are starting to feel like the Bundrocks in the way we are doing things. (No, I'm not pregnant) Sigh!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Holy Moly...it sounds like you are handling it well!! I love that I still am reminded of you whenever I see unisom...I remember Branson pregnancy and when you discovered the unisom trick. I have told so many people about that! So good job--hey you should figure out what is in it and make your own morning sickness pill!!

Shalantie said...

I sure hope that doesn't happen to me. I feel bad for you and your poor leg. Who came up to you and told you that you had dirt on your leg? haha kids. I kind of do hope that you have this little gal a couple weeks before Christmas because then she will be old enough for you guys to consider letting me hold her when we come for Christmas. lol.
Oh and I think you should know that I can't get my mind off of the romantical ending to the Goose Girl!

~~heather said...

((HUGS)) you are such a trooper Steph! If you anything...I am just across the street! *wink*
~~Heather

Shelley said...

Um, oh my gosh, Stephanie!!!! Your legs are insane! I can't believe how positive this post is. Congrats on the baby - you are due just a tad after me. You may deliver first, though, from the sounds of things. The dog thing cracks me up because for some reason pregnant women seem to want dogs. Maybe it is the body hormonally preparing to care for a sweet little thing. I've had two sisters buy dogs when they were newly pregnant (and didn't know it), and I had an almost uncontrollable urge to buy a dog for a good portion of this pregnancy, but was able to contain myself, thank heavens! Not that we don't want a dog eventually. Just, after we've at least finished school and settled down! Anyway, the dog thing cracks me up. And my sympathy on your legs. I have some veins and they are painful.

Amber and The Boys said...

WOW! Congrats on the baby! How exciting for you guys. You must be exhausted though! No wonder you needed some me time to work on your blog! I can't believe your poor legs. You guys are an adorable family!

Tammy said...

wow, your legs are nuts! I had no idea that they could get like that? Good thing it will go away with pregnancy being over right? just need to get some muscles moving and you will hopefully get better!