Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's Party Time

So yeah, It's that time of year when all the holidays are over and just when we think we have a moment to breathe...Wham! Bam! Bang! Smack! we get hit with all 4 kids Birthdays one after another so I am taking a deep breath and before I know it April will be here...
But to kick off the festivities this year I had to announce to everyone that our little Emma turned ONE. I so can't believe that year has already gone by! Most moms spend hours making cakes and whatever but I got an idea in my head for her announcement (while I was in the shower...which is where most of my inspiration comes...probably because it's when I get the most solace=) and I couldn't let it go until I had it the way I wanted. Which led me to open a whole new can of worms (trying to figure out a bunch of things on Illustrator)until 2 am. All in all I learned a lot, got some "me time" and was quite pleased with the result. I had so much fun taking pictures of Emma the day before and "photoshopping" things in. She is such a delight and a joy in our home! I just can't get enough of her! And she can't get enough of me either. As anyone who visits will agree she is a mommas girl and don't you dare take her out of at least ear shot from me.

So, it's a tradition in our home to let the babies on their 1st birthday to do what ever they want with their cake...just sit it right in front of them and let them go to town. I was reminiscing with Maegan telling her that I remembered when she turned one-she just poked her little index finger in and would just so delicately lick the cake off her finger and then she would do it again and again. Maegan just laughed when I told her that so we were curious to see what Emma would do. So 1st we sat her cake in front of her and LO and BEHOLD she sat there! I know.... I know.... whats the big deal about that? The big deal is that is the 1st time she has EVER sat up on her own. I commented to Bill, "Geeze that's all we needed to do was stick a cake in front of her and she would have sat up a long time ago." We were starting to get concerned because we didn't know if she just was being stubborn and didn't want to or if she couldn't. Turns out she was just being stubborn. Anyway, so after that great surprise we let her try and blow out her candle and she almost grabbed it so that was the end of the candle for her. But she did try and blow it out! It was so cute! Then she grabbed a little piece of the frosting and before even tasting it her self she fed it to Maegan, and then Britton and then Branson. It was too cute. She discovered that she didn't really like cake so she just kept feeding it to all the kids until they got their own.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey Stephanie! It's good to hear more from your family - thanks for commenting on my blog! Emma is so pretty, she reminds me so much of you!

Nikki said...

so cute!!!