Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just call us the Griswolds!

Is that Bill...or cousin Eddy?

I'm laughing my head off taking the pictures and now I am laughing my head off looking at these pictures. I mean seriously, if you have seen Lampoon's Christmas vacation there is one scene where "Sparky" is watching cousin Eddy standing out in the yard emptying his r.v.'s waste products into the storm drain because the (clear your throat)... toilet was full. I showed this to Bill and we both had a laugh.
Complete with the cruddy lawn mower inherited from a neighbor..(but hey we're grateful! One less thing we have to buy) and our patch of grass -really we do have a front lawn-but it looks like this is all we own...Bill looks like he is mowing down the vacant lot ...and the kids' little "hut" they made, one could mistake us for the Griswolds!

Did I mention the Sombrero and goggles to boot? Just a classic day of mowing the lawn.
Bill has to keep his mouth shut and goggles on because the grass flies up and he gets a face full of turf.
I just keep telling myself...These are the good ol' days

7 comments:

Sara said...

Hilarious! Where did the hat come from? That is so funny. And the goggles...what a crack up. You guys are great.

It's all about the "Crew" said...

You all seem to make the lamest of tasks unforgettable memories! Maybe I'll have to get Damon a getup like that for Father's Day!

The Bundrocks said...

Yah, Sybrina, that "get up" is pretty normal for Bill. I just can't wait to see what he comes up with next. You should see what he looks like going to work when he rides his bike. Well, he did grow up in Austin and their theme for the city is "Keep Austin Wierd". But hey to quote Nacho Libre-my life is Good...It's Fantastic, I Love it!

Shalantie said...

What are you looking at?
Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... and an a**hole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer

Clark, please. He doesn't know any better.

He oughta know it's illegal. That's a storm sewer. If it fills with gas, I pity the person who lights a match within ten yards of it.

Ahhh gotta love the Griswolds. I think the pictures on your blog are just hilarious. It's totally Bill to go out and mow the yard looking like that. It's truly awesome. OH and very very very cute banner you made. I love it.

Shalantie said...

ps. please take a picture of Bill on his way to work- with this bright orange bike, helmet with a sombrero on top and his dress pants tucked into his white socks. that'll make my day.

Tammy said...

these pics are so funny! The hat is the best. Yards come in stages, we work on what we can right?

~~heather said...

LOL!! love it! And I love your blog! It is darling! I haven't checked blogs in weeks! So cute!!