Friday, June 27, 2008

"Become as little children"

Bill had another week long business trip last week so I held down the fort while he was gone. I thought it was so cute how the kids all helped with Family Home Evening. We always have an introduction with dad speaking Italian. The kids have heard it so many times that even Britton chimed in with "Buen Venuti tuti a questa serata familia ata" then Bill says a bunch of other Italian words which finally lead up to" but we are going to speak in English and then he points to the kids and they all scream in unison, " so mom can understand"! They did pretty good even though the leader of the pack wasn't here.

Here is Maegan leading the music with her pop-sickle stick.


I was especially impressed with Branson. He has never volunteered to give the lesson until he was thumbing through the "Friend" magazine and found a great lesson.
He had everyone cutting out paper figurines and taping them to pop-sickle sticks-even little
Emma helped.














Then as I read the story of Nephi getting the plates they all performed a little puppet show.

Branson's ingenious way of getting the puppets
to stand up.




























The great thing about letting kids teach is they actually retain the lesson a little better!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

that is a good idea...paige would love to do that, riley not so much. he doesn't like the attention, or all eyes on him!

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Darling FHE! I love your family traditions- you put so much fun into them! I can just see Bill starting FHE like that every time! Too cute!

RandyC said...

How cute is your family? Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your FHE. Makes me want to involve Sydney more.

Shalantie said...

I just read the little quotes on the side... and I laughed so hard. I can totally see Britton coming to your bed and saying that. It's so funny and so sweet- just reading it makes my heart skip a beat. I love hearing what's on their mind.

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

You must be doing something right! Your kids are so fun..and cute too!
bethany