Thursday, July 17, 2008

Girls Night Out!

We've been talking about it FOREVER and NEEDING it forever...we finally just did it, Me, Sarah Darlene and Sybrina left the kids with our wonderful hubbies and went for a girls night out. It was so refreshing to laugh our heads off (I'll never tell), and have great conversation over Cold Stone ice cream. Afterwards we went to the Emma Smith My Story. It was touching with hundreds of amazing quotes and to catch a glimpse of the incredible hardships and sacrifice of both Emma and Joseph. My testimony and appreciation of them grew as I watched her lose child after child. When she was recalling the incidents' of her life to her daughter Julia, Julia asked Emma if she could change anything what would she change and her reply..."me, I would change me". I thought that was profound and I can't agree with her more. The other thing she said as she endured so many challenges is, "Strength isn't something you have, It's something God helps you find". And though my challenges aren't even in the same arena as Emma's, the principles of faith and sacrifice and endurance are. Life isn't easy at times but as Emma said, "The Lord is your friend and he has your best interest in mind." It was comforting to be reminded of that once again.
Thanks girls for a great evening!

6 comments:

Shalantie said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for the insightful post! You all look so happy to be out of the house in that picture ;)
pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty giiirls. (I think you know what i'm singin' steph).

Nikki said...

i love girls night. i think we all need them.

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Thanks for planning that Stephanie. It was a wonderful evening!

The Bundrocks said...

NO problem, but I can't take all the credit Darlene found the movie which of course was awesome...next month MAC makeovers-they are even having an event (rub your hands together=)

corine said...

hey how are you- this is corine form the neighborhood. i was so sad we weren't in the same ward after the split. how have you been? i just heard you are pregnant again:) are you doing a home birth again? so excited to hear from you, therinny@hotmail.com

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Those girls look familiar!! I didn't know you lived by them!! It looks like you had so much fun...I need one of those girls nights!
Bethany